1. Which exam? Please read the relevant exam details below
2. How to register for your B1 Exam
3. How to prepare for your B1 Exam
UK Settlement (B1 Exam and above) from 28 October 2013
Vist the UKBA-Home Office website to learn about the changes to requirements that came into effect on 28 October 2013. This tells you about the need to pass the government's Life in the UK exam(this is NOT a Trinity test) plus requirements for speaking and listening quailfications in English.
The following Trinity English language speaking & listening exams are accepted and included in the UKBA list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- GESE, Speaking & Listening exam at Grade 5 (B1 Exam) or above
- ESOL Skills for Life, Speaking & Listening exam at Entry 3 or above
Tier 1, 2 & 4 immigration (A2, B1 Exam, B2, C1, C2)
- Approved exam: ISE exam (A2, B1 Exam, B2, C1, C2)
- B1 Exam, Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing
- Take the B1 Exam in 1 day
- B1 Exam is 10 minutes long
- Official B1 Exam certificate posted to you within 4 weeks
- Approximate cost £125 for the B1 Exam
Spouse/ partner visa (A1 Exam)
- Approved exam: GESE Grade 2 exam (A1 Exam)
- Speaking & Listening, A1 Exam
- A1 Exam is 6 minutes long
- Immediate provisional results (pass or fail)
- Official A1 Exam certificate posted to you within 4-6 weeks
- Approximate cost £105 for the A1 Exam
How long is my certificate valid for?
To see how long your certificate is valid for, for immigration purposes, please click here.